In this section, you will learn how to set up Alert Profiles and SIM alerts for your Infinity account.
We highly recommend you set up SIM alerts to notify you when SIM usage exceeds data limits within a calendar month.
You can also set up alerts to automatically suspend SIMs when their usage goes beyond the limits you set. This prevents excessive and unexpected charges to your account. The suspended SIMs are re-enabled at the beginning of the next billing period.
You can receive SIM alert notifications via Infinity and via email.
Viewing SIMs that have exceeded alert thresholds
To view alerts in Infinity:
- Go to: Connect & Manage > Alerts > View tab
SIMs that have exceeded the defined alert limits are listed.
To filter the displayed alerts:
Specify one or more filter parameters:
Start Date – show alerts triggered after this date.
End Date – show alerts triggered before this date.
Type – select whether to display either Finance, Data, Messaging, IMEI, or Calls alerts.
ICCID – display the alerts triggered for a specific ICCID.
- Select Filter to display the selected results.
- Select Reset to clear the filters.
Managing alert profiles
Alert profiles can hold a collection of alerts that are triggered when a SIM exceeds set limits, causing Infinity to either generate an alert or suspend the SIM until the next billing period. You can assign the alert profile to a single SIM or group of SIMs.
To view alert profiles in Infinity:
- Go to: Connect & Manage > Alerts > Manage tab
The existing alert profiles are listed.
To edit or delete existing alert profiles:
- Select alongside an alert profile to edit it.
- Select alongside an alert profile to delete it.
Creating alert profiles
Alert profiles contain different alert types. You can configure one or more alert types per profile. There are five alert types:
- Finance alerts – for setting up to three thresholds to monitor costs. If the SIM or group of SIMs exceeds a Cost threshold, you will receive an alert.
- Data alerts – for setting up to three thresholds to monitor excessive data usage for the SIM or group of SIMs.. You can measure excess data in bytes, KB, MB, GB, or as a percent of the average monthly consumption.
- Messaging alerts – for setting up to three thresholds to monitor the total number of SMS messages the SIM or group of SIMs can send or receive (MO or MT).
- Calls alerts – for setting up to three thresholds to restrict the amount of time in a month (in seconds, minutes or hours) someone can use the SIM or group of SIMs to make voice calls.
- IMEI alert – for setting one threshold if an IMEI change is detected (indicating that the SIM has moved to a different device).
SIMs are automatically assigned to the default alert profile unless you specify otherwise.
To create alert levels for an alert profile:
- On the Connect & Manage > Alerts > Manage tab, select Add to expand the New Alert Profile form.
Type a Name for the profile.
If one or more alert profiles already exist, the Default profile checkbox appears alongside Name. If only one alert profile exists, that is the default.
If required, select the Default profile checkbox to make this alert profile the default profile and assign it to all new SIMs added to the current portfolio.
- Alongside an alert type, select add alert to insert an alert level.
Select an Action for the alert level from the drop-down list.
You can generate an alert or suspend the SIM until the next billing period.
Use the available options to set a threshold for the alert level.
Repeat to add further levels to the form.
Select Save to commit your changes to Infinity.
The alert profile appears in the Alert Profiles list.
If you would like to receive email notifications for your alerts, select your account name (top right) > Notifications, then select the Alert Triggered checkbox.
To delete alert levels in an alert profile:
- Select alongside an alert level to delete it.